Health and Safety is a mandatory subject for all charity retailers. This course gives you an overview of how to manage H&S in a charity retail operation, with exercises and example materials to help embed learning.
Tutor: Ailene Young
Course Length: 90 minutes
What to expect from this course
- Multiple video lectures.
- Multiple useful resources.
- A final quiz to check learning.
- If successful, you’ll be given a certificate.
By the end of the session, you will have learned:
- How to manage hazards and the risks in your shop
- Your responsibilities in Health and Safety
- How to complete a risk assessment
- How to report accidents/incidents
- Your fire safety responsibilities
- What COSHH is and your responsibilities around it
- Regulations around second hand selling of goods
Materials that you will need for the volunteer recruitment module
- Materials to complete the exercises (pen, paper etc)
- Access to existing Health and Safety notices and process in your shop
- A quiet space to complete the exercises
Cost: £35 plus VAT per head