Mental Health First Aid in a charity retail context – 23.11.22
£75.00 excl. VAT
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
If you already have a Mental Health First Aid qualification and would like to learn how this might be applied to the charity retail context, you can join us for this standalone session
From our course, you will learn:
- How to apply your MHFA learning in a charity retail context
- How the different relationships in charity retail might be impacted by situations around mental health
- How to support others in your charity retail team – including those with mental health issues themselves, and those who might need to help or interact with people with mental health issues
- How self care can be implemented in the charity retail environment
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, discussions, group work and scenarios
- Date: 23rd November 2022
- Time: 10am – 12:30pm
- Webinar Length: 2.5 hours
- Tutors: Kate Wootton & Vicki Burnett
Kate Wootton is a quality assured Instructor Member and has attended the MHFA Instructor Training programme, accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health. Kate is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn. You can learn more about her below.
Kate is an accomplished management consultant and executive coach, having worked extensively for international corporations and in private, public and the charity sectors.
She worked within the retail, automotive and manufacturing fields as Head of Learning and Development, Management Development Manager and Training Manager for over 15 years and comes from a strong background as Operations Manager.
In 2003 she set up The Ripple Concept Ltd and her experience is in developing and delivering Leadership development, resilience and communications skills programmes.
Kate moved into Mental Health training in 2018 as it brought back into focus her studies in psychology. She is passionate about understanding as much as she can about people’s behaviours so that she can support them.
She runs Mental Health First Aid, Awareness, Champion and Refresher courses as well as wellbeing and resilience programmes. Into each she brings her own particular experience.